About the Author
I write and blog about art history, architecture, and interior design. And, you guessed it, I write fiction, too. Writing and painting are my two passions. These days, my main focus (between writing projects) is to complete my painting project, entitled Images of Coney Island for a show at the end of 2016.
Subscribe to My Blog
Subscribe to my blog by providing your email address, first name, and last name below. Your information is kept private, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Recent Blog Posts
- SPACIOUS SPACESSpacious Spaces by Historical Romance Author & Artist Gail Ingis I was fortunate to be a blogging guest for Susan Hanniford Crowley, of Nights of Passion. Susan gave me permission to reblog my post. Today I am writing about the real tale of Rork and Leila, and also of spaces built and used by artists. As an artist myself, I know spacious spaces are ... read more
- TELL AGAIN TUESDAY TODAY!Today’s post is a reblog . . . C.D. Hersh Tell Again Tuesday-by C.D. Hersh, Authors, published with Soul Mate Publishing, is a blog series, where we shamelessly share posts from others that we have enjoyed. Does anyone else include this while writing?Tackle Big Events While Writing, Posted on June 22, 2016 by Beth Carter. It’s easy to write about boy meets girl or girl ... read more
- GONE ARE THE DAYS . . .Bunny Win 12×12″ oil-on-aluminum Suspended . . . Coney Island painting project. The beach, Washington Baths, swimming, blackball, cool sand under the boardwalk, with friends, watching Tuesday night fireworks, Nathan’s hotdogs, French fries and steamed corn. I didn’t get to choose between writing and painting until I decided to paint Bierstadt’s Domes of Yosemite in 2009. Captivated by how the painting came to life, Indigo ... read more
- STAYIN’ ALIVE!Indigo Sky by Gail Ingis Bookcover If you like romance, and you like rip-roaring adventure, Indigo Sky is for you! Shopping at Tiffany’s, getting caught up in the New York Draft Riot, the Civil War, and the wilds of the Great Plains. Here’s an excerpt from my book that will curl your toes. Excerpt: Dawn finally broke, and Leila sat listlessly on the pallet. Would ... read more
- REMEMBER RADIO?First transistor portable radio Recently, I wrote this blog for C.D. Hersh’s post at Soul Mate Publishing. The invitation to their blog guest spot came along at a perfect time, when my print book and audiobook are practically on my doorstep. Now, with the changing and the rapid growth of the book business, authors like myself, are looking for fresh ways to capture a new ... read more
- C.D. HERSH, GUEST AUTHORSC.D. Hersh–Two hearts creating everlasting love stories. C.D. Hersh Say hi to our delightful guests today, authors of The Mercenary and the Shifters. A team of two, they primarily write Romance. Sweethearts to the end, so says their bio. The Turning Stone Chronicles, book four. Genre – Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Suspense Romance. Release Date: July 27th, 2016 Putting words and stories on paper is second ... read more
- CONEY ISLAND & INDIGO SKYCyclone, Oh, What a Ride 12×24 Oil-on-Dibond I have so much going on, there’s barely time to breathe. My Coney Island art project, past and present, is finally installed, and can be viewed until September 30th. The reception, sponsored by Investmark, will include a book signing of my newly released novel, Indigo Sky, and a dance demonstration by a master ballroom dancing duo inspired by ... read more