About the Author
I write and blog about art history, architecture, and interior design. And, you guessed it, I write fiction, too. Writing and painting are my two passions. These days, my main focus (between writing projects) is to complete my painting project, entitled Images of Coney Island for a show at the end of 2016.
Subscribe to My Blog
Subscribe to my blog by providing your email address, first name, and last name below. Your information is kept private, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Recent Blog Posts
- FREE eBOOK: INDIGO SKYFree for your reading pleasure, the eBook, Indigo Sky, is available for $0.00 Friday and Saturday, October 28 & 29, on Amazon.Com. After the promotion is over the price goes back to $2.99. So get Indigo Sky while you can. https://www.amazon.com/Indigo-Sky-Gail-Ingis-ebook/dp/B015TCCKM4/ Bookcover If you like romance, and you like rip-roaring adventure, Indigo Sky is for you! Shopping at Tiffany’s, getting caught up in the New ... read more
- WHAT DOES YOUR BOOKSHELVES SAY ABOUT YOU?Bookshelves, yours, mine, ours? Whenever I visit someone’s house for the first time, I try to sneak a peek at their bookshelves. It’s amazing what you can tell about a person from their books. Take my old roommate, for example; she had a small collection of Christian lit. and YA novels. Just by glancing at her shelf, I knew that she was religious and liked ... read more
- THREE FORMATS: INDIGO SKY (free audiobook)Indigo Sky, a historic romance, about a New York socialite who marries a feted, debonair author. But beneath the charm is a cheating husband addicted to drugs and women. The simplicity of her life runs amok when a handsome stranger, her husband’s business partner, threatens her staunch loyalty to her wayward husband. Her need to finalize her divorce sends her on mad chase across the ... read more
- CENTURIES OF CHANGEJust about the only constant in our world is change. In 2010, by the one-hundredth birthday of my hubby’s mother, she had seen changes no one would have thought possible— Two world wars, nuclear power, personal computer, antibiotics, television, jet planes, a walk on the moon, the Internet. Change is happening faster and faster. ASK app Even museums are changing! According to the recent issue ... read more
- ROMANCE AT THE LIBRARYJust in case you missed this . . . You are invited to come this Saturday, to the Old Post Rd branch of our public library, on October 8, 2016, at 11:00 AM. Claire Gem and your local author, Gail Ingis, will be there to greet you. Be part of a discussion about ROMANCE! Fairfield Public Library 1080 Old Post Rd 203-256-3155 The Romance of ... read more
- TIPS & TRICKSI got this email a few days ago from Mel Jolly, she is the writer’s assistant, so you can imagine how busy she is. I get her newsletter because I had asked her to be my assistant, and she turned me down. I was sad, but she offered to send me her handy dandy newsletters filled with tips and advice. I asked her if I ... read more
- WRITING IS EASY SAY SOME . . .Writing is easy say some, just sit and stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead . . . I like to give you something juicy right away. I make a point of opening my novels with a violent scene, with action, which then reveals a major change in the life of my character(s). Right away, the ... read more