About the Author
I write and blog about art history, architecture, and interior design. And, you guessed it, I write fiction, too. Writing and painting are my two passions. These days, my main focus (between writing projects) is to complete my painting project, entitled Images of Coney Island for a show at the end of 2016.
Subscribe to My Blog
Subscribe to my blog by providing your email address, first name, and last name below. Your information is kept private, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Recent Blog Posts
- YOU CAN’T COME BETWEEN A WOMAN AND HER SHOESThe House of Gail Long ago and far away in Brooklyn, NY, 1954, Doc Ingis, my fiancé’s father, said, “Go buy yourself a beautiful pair of shoes, I’ll treat.” Oh boy, a fairy tale offering. He gave me fifteen dollars. I was rich and a silly young thing then, in love and engaged to be married. I took my fiancé’s hand and ... read more
- ROMANCE WRITER’S OF AMERICA NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2017 ORLANDO, FLHome About RWA About The Romance Genre Membership & Benefits Chapters Education Awards Annual Conference Gail Ingis (using Beautycounter products) July 26-29, 2017 Workshops, mentors, pitching editors, publishers and more: CONFERENCES AND EVENTS Join 2,000 romance writers and industry professionals from all over the world for RWA2017 ... read more
- WE’RE IN THE NAVY NOW!Tom, Gail and Ed We’re in the Navy (Army) now, a 1940’s song. That’s the tune our walking partner had to be singing. Ed has been walking everyday since forever, says he. Maybe sixty years, He’s 92 now, if he’s a day. Ed is in good shape, we figure cause he’s had the walking habit. Sort of like the postman, in the rain, the snow, ... read more
- HISTORY IMAGINED: Hank Dempsey, VillainHank Dempsey (Villain) The antagonist featured in Indigo Sky pens the driving force of his addictions After realizing his need for drugs, alcohol and money was all he cared about, Hank Dempsey tried to run, but trouble met him at each juncture. His birth, life and death reveal his path of destruction. Addictions controlled his life. Part of my book is loosely based on ... read more
- NEVER LOST, NEVER BORED, NO NOT ME!Guess where I’ve been? This is a blog about beauty, buildings, dance, décor, design, dogs, food, graphics, health, history, makeup, music, style, writing! You name it. Mixed tulips, my fav So, guess what? I’m never lost, about what in the world to write for my blog. Except, after I took Jane Friedman’s workshop on writing blogs, I thought that focusing on one ... read more
- BEAUTY IN A BOTTLEGail Ingis (I’m using Beautycounter products) Beauty in a bottle has been around 6000 years. From the copper and lead ore that the ancient Egyptians used to create the world’s first cosmetics to the scientifically advanced products of today that can do everything from hide pores, smooth complexions, and turn the pale green of your eyes a vivid shade of emerald, makeup has been an ... read more
- GUEST AUTHOR SAMANTHYA WYATTTeaser Tuesday banner Welcome. Yes, you are at Gail Ingis’s blog. I invited my friend and colleague, Samanthya Wyatt, to post her Teaser Event to share with my readers. Feel free to visit her website to sign up to win book(s) from many different authors who she has sponsored over the last three years. I was fortunate to have been one of the visiting ... read more